How to store text files in the postgresql?

От DimitryASuplatov
Тема How to store text files in the postgresql?
Дата
Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?  (Johan Nel <johan555.nel555@xsinet555.co.za>)
Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?  (Yaroslav Tykhiy <yar@barnet.com.au>)
Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?  (Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres.arg@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am very new to postgresql database. I`ve used a little of MySql
previously.

My task is to store a lot (10^5) of small ( <10 MB) text files in the
database with the ability to restore them back to the hard drive on
demand.

That means that I need two functions. First - grab file from the
directory, store it in the database and delete from the disk; second -
recreate in back to the disk.

1/ Is it possible?
2/ Could you give me some quick tips on how to manage it from the start
so that I knew what to look for in the manual?

Thank you for your time.
Dimitry