Re: warm standby with WAL shipping

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: warm standby with WAL shipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 15:07 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:

> > You are still going to need to either:
> >
> > A. Reinvent the wheel, by scripting it all yourself
> > B. Use solutions that are already used by others such as walmgr or
> > pitrtools
>
> My assumption was that since pg_standby does not have the scp/rsync
> functionality, I would have to either modify it, change the way we do
> things, or 'reinvent' a little different wheel.

You wouldn't modify pg_standby. You would create a new utility that
ships logs (or pulls logs) for pg_standby to utilize.

> There is also an objection to using the python tools as we are small
> shop and do not have anyone who is versed in python.

At best this seems like a very odd requirement. You aren't doing any
development. You are using a utility which is written in a specific
language.

> I have not had a chance to look at walmgr, I will do that shortly.

I believe it is written in Python.

Anyway good luck!

Joshua D. Drkae

--