Re: 8.4 release draft: a new tack

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: 8.4 release draft: a new tack
Дата
Re: 8.4 release draft: a new tack
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 11:41 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'm wondering if that should be the "story" of our release.
> "PostgreSQL: easier to manage than ever before."  It would give some
> badly-needed structure to the release.

There was a similar thread a while back, here was my thought at the
time:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2009-03/msg00049.php

I think maybe words like "analytics" and "expressiveness" are both
interesting, and vague enough to capture a lot of the new features that
went in.

CTEs and window functions are the obvious ones, but everything from
"auto-explain" to the visibility map (and even bumping the default stats
to 100) seem to make PostgreSQL into a more complete solution to solve
that class of problem -- including the manageability and performance
aspects to make it work. I think there is a story here somewhere.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: 8.4 release draft: a new tack
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 release draft: a new tack