Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Re: Any better plan for this query?..  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Any better plan for this query?..  (Glenn Maynard <glennfmaynard@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 15:52 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > 1. There is no (portable) way to pass the connection from the postmaster
> > to another pre-existing process.
>
> [Googles.]  It's not obvious to me that SCM_RIGHTS is non-portable,
> and Windows has an API call WSADuplicateSocket() specifically for this
> purpose.

Robert, Greg,

Tom's main point is it isn't worth doing. We have connection pooling
software that works well, very well. Why do we want to bring it into
core? (Think of the bugs we'd hit...) If we did, who would care?

Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..