Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Christian Schröder <cs@deriva.de> writes:
>> This is the query:
>> select isin from ts_frontend.attachment_isins full OUTER JOIN
>> ts_frontend.rec_isins using (attachment,isin)  WHERE attachment=2698120
>> GROUP BY isin limit 1000;

> Hmm.  It seems 8.3 is failing to push the attachment=2698120 condition
> down to the input relations.  Not sure why.  All that code got massively
> rewritten in 8.3, but I thought it still understood about pushing
> equalities through a full join ...

On further review, this did work in 8.3 when released.  I think it got
broken here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-06/msg00336.php

because that change is preventing the "mergedvar = constant" clause from
being seen as an equivalence, when it should be seen as one.  Need to
think about a tighter fix for the bug report that prompted that change.