Re: Change the place of the WAL files

От Nicolas Michel
Тема Re: Change the place of the WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I knew that but thank you to for your advices ;)

Le mercredi 25 mars 2009 à 09:33 -0600, Scott Marlowe a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Nicolas Michel
<nicolas.michel@lemail.be> wrote:
> Ok. Thank you.
>

> Le mercredi 25 mars 2009 à 15:32 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>
> Le mercredi 25 mars 2009 à 14:35:36, Nicolas Michel a écrit :
>> [...]
>> I already have an instance with a database. I want to move the WAL files
>> to an other hard disk to have a better speed.
>> I read that I had to create a symbolic link to do that. Is there another
>> "cleaner" way : an option in the postgres config file??

Note that you need to shutdown the db, copy the files, move / remove
the pg_xlog dir, link to the new one, and restart the db.  I.e. the DB
has to be shutdown while you do this.  I'm sure you know this, but
better safe than sorry.