Re: Update hstore % Doc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Update hstore % Doc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david.wheeler@pgexperts.com> writes:
> On Aug 6, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It looks to me like you are changing the examples of the I/O
>> representation ... which did NOT change.

> Hrm? The first few examples at the top? I find them confusing because there are no single quotes around them, so they
looklike the use of the deprecated => operator (especially the first two). Just look at:

Yeah, but there's a sentence in front of them that says specifically
that these are examples of the text representation, not pieces of SQL.

> And I hate to say it, but % is awful.

Yeah, I know, but you can't have =>.  Unless you can persuade the SQL
committee to back off their syntax choice for parameters.  (:= would
have been a lot better ...)