Re: pg_xlog volume question

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_xlog volume question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 13:29 -0500, Mark Steben wrote:
> Thanks for quick response.
>
> I should have added that the 'recovery' site is really no more than a
> Second copy where reporting and ETL work is to be done - so we need
> The database to be available at least 6 -8 hours during the day.
> I've tried to wrestle with PG_STANDBY to allow daily availability
> And then to place back in 'recovery mode' for the next nights set of
> Logs But it doesn't lend itself to this type of application.

Actually I would think it would if done correctly. If you are using PITR
Tools (which again uses pg_standby) you would do this:

cmd_standby -B (base backup)
cmd_standby -S (standby mode)

Cruise...... when you want to go into live mode:

cmd_standby -F999

Which will bring the machine up and allow you to use it. Once the "use
time" is over:

cmd_standby -B (base backup)
cmd_standby -S (standby mode)

cmd_standby will use rsync to make your base backup so it only copies
what has changed.

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools

It is BSD licensed.

Joshua D. Drake