Re: finding dev rpms

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: finding dev rpms
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:42 -0700, David Bear wrote:
> I'm needing to installed psycopg2.. but I've hit a dependancy problem.
> pscycopg2 needs libpq stuff -- which is the the developer rpms.

Err, no. libpq stuff is provided by postgresql-libs package, not -devel
package.

> Trouble is I can only find  developer rpms in yum repositories.

It is not a trouble, it is a feature ;)

> So I went to install yum and found that since my red had is x86_64,
> yum croaks on importing cElementTree -- which it does have but won't
> import.

Make sure that you installed correct repo RPM -- and please also paste
the exact error message.

> Since yum wasn't really designed for RHEL --

It is used for RHEL 4 and up. (Actually CentOS 4 supports yum, and you
can use its packages in RHEL 4. yum is the native package management
software for RHEL 5 and above)

> it may not be worth it to try to resolve that issue, which leads me
> back to finding a downloadable rpm for the postgres developer
> packages; which I can't seem to locate at postgresql.org

FWIW, -libs package is at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary , too --
but I suggest you using yum repo.

Regards,