Re: JSON in 9.2 - Could we have just one to_json() function instead of two separate versions ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: JSON in 9.2 - Could we have just one to_json() function instead of two separate versions ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Hannu Krosing <hannu@krosing.net> wrote:
>> Can we at least have the xxx_to_json() functions try cast to json first
>> and fall back to text if the cast fails.

> I think the idea that you can involve the casting machinery in this is
> misguided.

It is possible that that can be made to work, but it's a research
project, not something to be crammed into 9.2 at the last possible
minute.  In any case, I really dislike the idea that array_to_json
and row_to_json would contain two entirely different behaviors.
Leave the extensibility ideas for a future to_json() function.

Сообщение: Re: JSON in 9.2 - Could we have just one to_json() function instead of two separate versions ?
Сообщение: Re: JSON in 9.2 - Could we have just one to_json() function instead of two separate versions ?