Re: 8.1.11 PREPARE problem?

От Jeremiah Jahn
Тема Re: 8.1.11 PREPARE problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
thanks for the help.

between CAST(? as timestamp) and CAST(? as timestamp) fixes my problem.

because my second query uses a between the same day parameter it wasn't
being found when it was treated as a string, as a timestamp it works
fine. Apparently a simple query will convert the string to a timestamp
correctly, while they way I  was doing things in java was forcing it to
be a string, thus killing my query.

I'm using a rather dense index:
 CREATE INDEX stat_speed_big ON aggregationvalue (aggregatetype, value,
date_trunc('hour', stoptime), date_trunc('day', stoptime),
date_trunc('month', stoptime), date_trunc('year', stoptime),
split_part(aggregationvalue.value,':',1),
split_part(aggregationvalue.value,':',2),
split_part(aggregationvalue.value,':',3),
split_part(aggregationvalue.value,':',4),
split_part(aggregationvalue.value,':',5));

and messing with my dynamic SQL enough to make sure it hits the index
every time, that I got headed down the wrong track when it didn't work
consistently between applications, different driver versions, and did
work correctly on the old version, which doesn't server prepare
statements.

thanks again, if only for the moral support.