Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com> writes:
> > I also do not believe that there is any value that will be the right
> > answer.  But a table of data might be useful both for people who want to
> > toy with altering the values and also for those who want to set the
> > defaults.  I guess that at one time such a table was generated to
> > produce the initial estimates for default values.
>
> Sir, you credit us too much :-(.

Better than not enough :)

> So we really don't have any methodically-gathered evidence about the
> effects of different stats settings.  It wouldn't take a lot to convince
> us to switch to a different default, I think, but it would be nice to
> have more than none.

I don't this is not empirical but really, 150 is very reasonable. Let's
just set it to that by default and be done with it. It won't hurt
anything and if they need more than that, they are already investigating
either via the lists or via a vendor anyway.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard