Re: Who is moderating the news?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Who is moderating the news?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 19:46 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 18:24 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> >> Can whoever is supposed to be moderating the news please do so?
> >> apparently there is at least one item stuck in the queue again.
> >>
> >> Also, what do we need to do to prevent the moderation emails being lost/ignored?
> >>

> > Don't send them to the slaves list. That list gets hammered with so much
> > noise it is easy to mentally turn it off. I know that sometimes I forget
> > to check events because I open the folder and I have hundreds of
> > automirror reports, mirror test reports, autobackup reports etc...
>
> Well that is what the slaves list is for. It's pretty easy for the
> moderators to filter out the stuff from nagios etc - is it really
> worth a separate list?

*shrug*. I am a big fan of contextual lists. If the list is for
reporting then it should be a reporting list. If it is for doing stuff
it should be for doing stuff. If you mix the two you get noise.

I guess I could hyper filter but generally I just filter based on
address not subject or content.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Who is moderating the news?
Сообщение: Re: Who is moderating the news?