Re: Reliably determining whether the server came up

От Mischa Sandberg
Тема Re: Reliably determining whether the server came up
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Quoting "H. Hall" <hhall1001@reedyriver.com>:

> Mischa Sandberg wrote:
> > I've been trying to work out a reliable script to determine,
> > after pg_ctl start, that the server is done attempting
> > to come up, and that it has either succeeded OR FAILED.
> > This is for several hundred unattended appliance-type servers,
> > currently on PG 8.0 but soon to be on 8.3
> >

> Why don't you try to create a connection to a db on each server?

Thanks, but that only tells me if the server is up at the time of trying
to connect. What I'm trying to test is, did the server just start up and
abort? This is in a large cluster, and in (say) a box-by-box software
upgrade, any time-outs are additive.

Сообщение: Re: Reliably determining whether the server came up
Сообщение: Re: Reliably determining whether the server came up