Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Re: On-list behavior WAS: Simple postgresql.conf wizard  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 08:57 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 02:21 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> >
> >> On the other hand what does occur to me in retrospect is that I regret
> >> that I didn't think about how I was disparaging the importance of
> >> mental illness and hope nobody took offense for that reason.
> >
> > Your comments surprise me because you mentioned to me privately that you
> > disliked on-list bullies.
>
> It hardly seems like bullying to me - a tongue-in-cheek humorous
> remark to someone many of us, including Greg, have known and worked
> with for years. If it were made to a newbie to the community, that
> would be another matter.

I was not the one complaining about bullying comments.

It seems a strange moderation policy that allows bald insults from some
people but not others. And stranger still that you think you should leap
to the defence of any person making them. If the comments were meant so
lightly, it would seem easy to withdraw them also, with a smile.