Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 18:07 -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Since Josh's latest parameter model takes a database size as an input,
> perhaps a reasonable way to proceed here is to put the DW model into size
> tiers.  Something like this:
>
> DW default_statistics_target:
>
> db size        setting
> <1GB        10
> 1GB-10GB    50
> 10GB-100GB    100
> 100GB-1TB    200
> >1TB        400
>
> Going along with my idea that this tool should produce a reasonable result
> with minimal data, I was thinking of making the database size default to
> 10GB if there isn't any input given there.  That would give someone who
> specified DW but nothing else a result of 100, which seems a less
> controversial setting.

Why are we building wizards for settings that will be configured by
experts? I thought the idea here was:

Simple postgresql.conf wizard

If you are running a DW you are beyond the point of this tool are you
not?

Joshua D. Drake

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard