Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

>>  Hmm... I considered SIGHUP processing was in fast loop and therefore shutdown should be fast. But i recheck code
andfound a possible long loop without processing SIGHUP (in case we receive new data faster than writes to disk). Ok, i
willrevert back.

>>  How about write to WalRcvData only clobbered conninfo?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean?
I am about my initial proposal with remove conninfo wrom WalRcvData - walreceiver may run some time with old conninfo
and

> without this information that seems hard to debug.
Earlier i thought walreceiver will shutdown fast on SIGHUP.

> The way I'd solve this is that
> that only walreceiver, at startup, writes out its conninfo/slot_name,
> sourcing the values from the GUCs. That way there's no issue with values
> being overwritten early.
In second patch i follow exactly this logic.

regards, Sergei

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf