Re: pg crashing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Not likely, but I'd test it anyway. If the issue is related to AV, it's
> certainly fine - you won't be running AV on your Solaris. But more
> importantly, Unix has actual support for signals and not just the fake
> stuff we have on Win32, so it's likely that the postmaster will be
> capable of killing the child processes.

I'm not sure what failure mode you're imagining, but the postmaster has
already verified that all the children that are supposed to be connected
to shared memory are dead before it attempts to recreate shared memory.
So the above sounds completely bogus.

I'm still suspicious of the syslogger holding onto an inherited handle
to the shared-memory file, though that theory would seem to mean that
crash recovery would never work at all on Windows if the syslogger
were enabled.  But maybe there is some additional gating factor needed
to cause the problem to manifest.