Re: [GENERAL] 8.3.4 rpms for Opensuse10.3 64bit

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [GENERAL] 8.3.4 rpms for Opensuse10.3 64bit
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 21:05 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 09:49 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I'll look at doing that. We need the SUSE builds also.
>
> I actually built 8.3.4 on SLES 10.2 on..err..Friday, while building
> Fedora/RH RPMs. 8.3.1 spec of SLES is broken IMHO, and it requires
> special attention from someone who is experienced in packaging (me :-) )
> and who is familiar with pg code..
>
> I fixed spec file. The only remaining issue is libpgport.a. If someone
> who is familiar to PG code can comment on how this file is built, I can
> push that spec file to my repo, so that Simon or others can continue
> maintaining it. That file is built on Fedora/RHEL, but I'm not sure why
> SLES skips it. I need that file for Slony-I on SLES,since AFAICS Slony
> version is 1.2.6 on SLES :-(
>
> I don't have access to that SLES server. I'll ask my friend to post the
> spec to me, and I'll let you know about the status.

Having looked at where we are now, it's going to take more than a little
work to get everything in order. Peter had a good go at it, but that was
a few releases ago.

I've been wanting to make SUSE releases better for a few years now, so
am happy to take this on long term. It's not a snap decision since I
build on OpenSUSE daily, but from source, not RPMs.

As you say, you're in a better position to sort out a stopgap in the
short term and I can then take on the task after feature freeze when
I'll have more time. In any case, we'll need to make them as consistent
as possible between different Linuxes so I'll be relying on your
packaging experience.