Re: AW: New warning code for missing FROM relations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: New warning code for missing FROM relations
Дата
Re: AW: New warning code for missing FROM relations  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I take it that there is no chance of a compile-time or runtime option to
> disallow this kind of thing in all cases?

Define "all cases" ... also, just how strict do you want to be?
Disallow use of *any* Postgres feature that is not in SQL92 (that
would include all user datatypes and functions, for example)?

Postgres was never designed as an SQL compatibility checker, and
I doubt that it'd be cost-effective to try to turn it into one.
A standalone tool might be a better approach.

Perhaps there is someone out there who wants this feature badly
enough to do the legwork, but I'm not him ;-)