Re: reindexdb dying with SIGPIPE on 8.2.5

От Torsten Luettgert
Тема Re: reindexdb dying with SIGPIPE on 8.2.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> I'm wondering if the reindexdb is being run under a restrictive ulimit
> setting, or something else that would prevent it from just sitting and
> waiting.

I checked... there's no limits defined in /etc/security/limits.conf.
There's more weirdness here: on the same machine, one day, everything
runs through fine.
Another day, one or two DBs are reindexed and vacuumed properly, then
all successive tries fail with the mentioned SIGPIPE error.

I'll have STDOUT and STDERR redirected to a file before the call of
reindexdb now. Perhaps there's something in the console output that
helps.

> Is there anything in the kernel log at the time of the failure report?

Don't see anything except postgresql messages at that time
in /var/log/messages, and nothing at all in /var/log/secure.

Regards,
Torsten