Re: Hmm, nodeUnique doesn't really support backwards scan too well

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hmm, nodeUnique doesn't really support backwards scan too well
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> We could probably fix this by complicating the logic in ExecUnique,
> but I wonder whether it wouldn't be better to just stop treating
> Unique nodes as backwards-scannable.

No problem there.

>  The only reason for that
> node type to exist (as opposed to using Group nodes) is that it's
> simple and low-overhead.  So complicating it to support a corner case
> that no one has noticed in many years might be counterproductive.
> Thoughts?

I've never seen anyone scan backwards like this at all in practical use.

I knew it was possible, but never seen it done.

It seems entirely probable nobody else has either. It's a PostgreSQL
extension, so people arriving from outside don't even know it exists,
plus its always had bugs so those in-the-know don't use it either:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/1998-06/msg00049.php

My perceptions may not match others...