Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL configuration  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... it isn't clear which files to touch.  After the reorganization it
> would be:

>     PG_VERSION              global/                 postmaster.opts
>     base/                   pg_clog/                postmaster.pid
>     etc/                    pg_xlog/

> and /etc would be:

>     pg_hba.conf             pg_ident.conf           postgresql.conf

> which is much cleaner, I think, no?

I think if you spelled the subdir name "config" rather than "etc",
it would be more obvious what's what.

A further possibility is to move the runtime-changeable files
(postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts) into still another subdirectory,
but I'm not really in favor of that.  I think there might be some
possibilities for cross-version confusion if we move the .pid interlock
file.