Re: [GENERAL] Plpgsql - Custom fields Postgres 9.5

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Plpgsql - Custom fields Postgres 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/14/2016 05:19 PM, Patrick B wrote:

> [...]
>     logistics but PostgreSQL allows for comparison of date typed data...
>
>     David J.
>

> I've done:
>
> 1. Deleted all the functions;
> 2. Created a new function:
>
>              CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION l_extract(date_end text))
>
>             RETURNS void AS $$
>

>             DECLARE
>
>             date_start date := CURRENT_DATE;
>

>             begin
>
>               execute '
>
>               COPY
>
>                   (
>
>                   SELECT
>
>                       uuid,
>
>                       clientid,
>
>                       *
>
>                   FROM
>
>                       logging
>
>                   WHERE
>
>                       logtime
>
>                   BETWEEN
>
>                      ' || date_start || '
>
>                   AND
>
>                       ' || date_end || '
>
>                   )
>
>               TO ''/var/lib/postgresql/'|| date_start ||'_logs.csv''';
>
>             end
>
>             $$ language 'plpgsql';
>

> 3. Calling the function:
>
>             select l_extract('20160901');
>
>             select l_extract('2016-09-01'); --> doesn't work either
>

> 4. Error:
>
>             ERROR:  operator does not exist: timestamp without time zone
>             >= integer
>
>             LINE 13:                 BETWEEN
>
>                                      ^
>
>             HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument
>             type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.
>
>             QUERY:
>
>                       COPY
>
>                           (
>
>                           SELECT
>
>                               uuid,
>
>                               clientid,
>
>                               *
>
>                           FROM
>
>                               logging
>
>                           WHERE
>
>                               logtime
>
>                           BETWEEN
>
>                             2016-12-15
>
>                           AND
>
>                               20160901
>
>                   )
>
>               TO '/var/lib/postgresql/2016-12-15_logs.csv'
>
>             CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function iknock_log_extract(text) line 7
>             at EXECUTE
>

> 5. \d+ logging:
>
>             log_time           | timestamp(3) without time zone
>

> 6. Query below works:
>
>                   SELECT
>
>                       uuid,
>
>                       clientid,
>
>                       *
>
>                   FROM
>
>                       logging
>
>                   WHERE
>
>                       logtime
>
>                   BETWEEN
>
>                      '2016-12-15'
>
>                   AND
>
>                       '20160901'
>

> Still can't understand what's going on =\

Reading the suggestions might help:)

Another try:

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION l_extract(date_start text, date_end text))

         RETURNS void AS $$

         begin

           execute '

           COPY

               (

               SELECT

                   uuid,

                   clientid,

                   *

               FROM

                   logging

               WHERE

                   logtime

               BETWEEN

                  date_start

               AND

                  date_end

               )

           TO ''/var/lib/postgresql/'|| date_start ||'_logs.csv''';

         end

         $$ language 'plpgsql';

select l_extract('201611015', '201612015');

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Plpgsql - Custom fields Postgres 9.5
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Plpgsql - Custom fields Postgres 9.5