Re: question re double quotes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question re double quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 16:45:39 -0500,
>   Ben Kim <bkim@edsun.coe.tamu.edu> wrote:
>> I wonder if it is possible to let psql recognize Mixed-case-named
>> ("LikeThisName") table names without double quotes in sql statements.

> You probably don't want to create tables with mixed case names in the
> first place.

The real problem is that the tab-completion code doesn't work properly
with quoted names.  For example, if I do

    create table "MixedCase" (f1 int);

then

    update M<tab>

completes as

    update MixedCase

which is wrong (no double quotes).  Arguably it's my fault for not
supplying the initial quote, but

    update "M<tab>

fails to offer any completions at all.  Somebody should work on this
sometime.

Actually, maybe all we need to do is apply quote_ident() in the
tab-completion queries ... hmmm ...