Re: PostgreSQL derivatives

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 12:19 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:

> > I think you, as a Core member, should answer that question, not me.
>
> My core status isn't relevant, I think.

I would agree, as I recall this isn't in Core's mission at all. The fact
that you are also a major contributor is the status that matters here.

> Oh, you got me.  I am going back to hiding in my Death Star now.  ;-)
>
> Seriously, I mean "we" as in "we (the community) require all
> contributions to be anonymous", which is what you suggested.  I did not
> mean EnterpriseDB.

Why in god's name would we require contributions to be anonymous? That
is silly. However, I don't think we should attribute to companies in
patches, we attribute to people.

> I could try to get EnterpriseDB to scale back their contributions, as
> you suggested, but I am not sure I would be successful, and I am not

You could try but then you would be dealing with me on this thread and
not Simon :P. The idea that we should get anyone to scale back is
ridiculous.

> (The idea of Denis as Darth Vader really has humor potential.)

http://www.commandprompt.com/TUX/07/png/l06-04.png

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake