Re: psql error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Gtrica" <gtricarico@intin.it> writes:
> I'm new with postgress datbase..
> I have started correctly postmaster, I created a database "primo" ...
> Now when I try to start "psql primo" I receive the following error
> "psql : FATAL 1: cannot create init file
> .//base/primo/pg_internal.init.1179"

It looks to me like you tried to start the postmaster with a relative
PGDATA path (something like "postmaster -D .").  Try an absolute
path instead.

(IIRC, PG 7.1 and later will accept a relative path, but earlier versions
don't cope.  If you are indeed running something older than 7.1, it's
definitely a good idea to update.)