Re: problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 04:21 -0700, shohorab hossain wrote:
> For few days I am trying to install postgresql-8.3.1 in RHEL4. My
> machine configuration is Intel Pentium IV. I have followed the
> installation document of postgresql that was included with source
> distribution.
>
> I am facing the problem during the building step of source. The
> problem is that when I start building with gmake command, it
> continuously shows messages in console like ‘checking for …………. yes /
> no’ and I have waited approximately for 3 hours but it continues.  At
> last I have cancelled the building process.

You may want to install prebuilt RPMs. First install this package:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/reporpms/8.3/pgdg-redhat-8.3-4.noarch.rpm

and then install PostgreSQL with yum:

yum install postgresql-server

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Вложения

От: "alma korte"
Сообщение: Trouble with recovering disc space
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1