Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> There is a brief "get to know the community" period at the beginning of
> the summer schedule.  I think that next year this project would be well
> served to give each student a small patch to review during that time, as
> a formal intro to the community process.  The tendency among students to
> just wander off coding without doing any interaction like that is both
> common and counterproductive, given how patches to PostgreSQL actually
> shuffle along toward becoming commit quality code.  Far as I'm
> concerned, a day spent working with the patch review checklist on
> someone else's patch pays for itself tenfold when it comes time to
> produce patches that others will be able to review.

That seems like a great idea.

Is there a specific period when that's supposed to happen for GSoC
students?  Can we arrange for a commitfest to be running then?
(I guess it'd need to be early in the fest, else the low-hanging
fruit will be gone already.)

Сообщение: Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission
Сообщение: Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission