Re: Data now showing up

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Data now showing up
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ken Kinder <ken@kenkinder.com> writes:
> What kind of details do we need here? It's a one-column, one-table database.
> About as simple as it gets. This is on Debian/GNU Linux although it's not
> the packaged Postgres, I installed it myself.

Nonetheless, since you're the only one reporting anything even remotely
like this, there's got to be *something* fairly unusual about your
situation.

Have you tried pushing harder to characterize the failure?  For example,
does it matter what data you're trying to insert?  Does quitting psql
and restarting make a difference?  How about stopping and restarting the
postmaster?  How about vacuuming the table, and/or dropping/rebuilding
any indexes that may exist on it?  Does anything show up in the
postmaster log when the failure happens?  Exactly what are you doing to
conclude that the data is not there --- a plain "select * from table",
or something else?