Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Дата
Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 16:01 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> I found so PL/SQL support CASE statement
> http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10500_01/appdev.920/a96624/04_struc.htm#484
>
> I propose add this statement to PL/pgSQL too.

Please don't post links to potentially copyrighted works.

We don't want things just because Oracle has them, we want them for a
real reason. If say, you had a migration project that would be made
easier by that feature, or there was clear benefit in improving the
language through the addition of a feature, maybe. If not, we must try
to do something better than everybody else, not just the same, unless
its an official standard.

I'd be interested in hearing about how SQL/PSM is going. What are your
plans for that?

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE