Re: FastCgi / PostgreSQL: FATAL: Ident authentication fai

От Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Тема Re: FastCgi / PostgreSQL: FATAL: Ident authentication fai
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello!

Your problem is that you have the pg_hba.conf set to do an ident
authentication if the connection comes from localhost - this is the default
setting imho.
Your password settings the in the settings.py won't work since your process
will run under the Apache user, nobody or www-data usually. On connect
postgresql will check the ident of this user and this fails.
We use following setting to prevent this:
- connect not on localhost but on the external IP
- set up pg_hba.conf to use say MD5 for connections on the external IP

The difference between a FastCGI environment and your other tests is the
environment. With psql your in a shell with the correct user.
I hope this help.

-- Matthias