Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best

От Franz.Rasper@izb.de
Тема Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It depends what you want to do with your database.

Do you have many reads (select) or a lot of writes (update,insert) ?
You should use a hardware raid controller with battery backup write cache
(write cache should be greater than 256 MB).

.. heavy duty production server ?

How much memory do you have ?

How big is your database, tables ... ?

Greetings,