AW: Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB (fwd)

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB (fwd)
Дата
Re: AW: Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB (fwd)  (Joel Burton <jburton@scw.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is anyone looking at doing this?  Is this purely a MySQL-ism, or is it
> something that everyone else has except us?

We should not only support access to all db's under one postmaster,
but also remote access to other postmaster's databases.
All biggie db's allow this in one way or another (synonyms,
qualified object names) including 2-phase commit.
Ideally this includes access to other db manufacturers, flat files, bdb ...
Meaning, that this is a problem needing a generic approach.

Andreas