Re: FW: Postgresql on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: Postgresql on win32
Дата
Re: FW: Postgresql on win32  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> Question: Can I assume that configure.in stays the way it is now? In the way
> that if I could just extract the line "VERSION='xyz'" from it, that will
> continue to work? It might be possible to do something around that.

That'd be OK with me.  I don't suppose Win32 has "sed" though :-(

> I thought it *was* already centralised in 7.0, but back then it was in a
> header file (version.h), which made it cross-platform... I'm sure there is
> some advantage of having it in configure.in, but it does make it a *lot*
> harder to support it on Win32, with it's very limited scripting environment
> (by default).

Actually, it might be easier to go back to keeping it in a file
version.h (NOT .in) which configure could read it out of.  I never
figured out why Peter put it directly in configure.in in the first
place; that means it is actually hard-coded in two files (configure.in
and configure) which is a recipe for trouble.  Peter?