Re: is it cool to restart servers as preventive maintenance?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: is it cool to restart servers as preventive maintenance?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kiriakos Georgiou <kg.postgresql@olympiakos.com> writes:
> In the last 12 months I have noticed 3-4 instances of database flakiness that is cured by restarting.
> I’ve been using PostgreSQL since 2007 and I haven’t seen such issues requiring a reboot, but on my current project we
dosome rather heavy duty PostGIS analysis that apparently stresses the system enough to occasionally cause this (that’s
mytheory anyway.)  I’m beginning to seriously consider restarting servers on a monthly basis.

What sort of "database flakiness"?

It's possible you're encountering some kind of bug (memory leak?) in
PostGIS, but that would be a bug you ought to get them to fix, not a
reason why periodic restarts are a good idea.

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: is it cool to restart servers as preventive maintenance?
От: Kiriakos Georgiou
Сообщение: Re: is it cool to restart servers as preventive maintenance?