Re: BUG #3760: Comment on restore database

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #3760: Comment on restore database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> > Reason to do this now: Perf Tips have been changed for 8.3 to recommend
> > using --single-transaction when restoring pg_dumps, because of fast COPY
> > enhancement. Allowing this to cause an error will prevent the whole dump
> > from restoring.
>
> If it were indeed an error condition, this argument might have some
> merit.  Since it is not, I don't have a lot of sympathy for a hasty
> last-minute change.

Well, if its not an ERROR condition, no problem. I interpreted failure
to mean ERROR, which luckily it isn't.

The failure of the COMMENT isn't any reason for a last-minute change, so
request withdrawn.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com