BUG #3762: Inherited serials change on dump/restore

От Cstdenis
Тема BUG #3762: Inherited serials change on dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3762
Logged by:          Cstdenis
Email address:      cstdenis@ctgameinfo.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5/8.3beta2
Operating system:   FreeBSD 6.1
Details:

Setup
------
Source: Server 8.2.3. Client 8.3beta2.
Dest: Server 8.2.3. Client 8.2.3.

Description
------------
When I do a dump and restore of my database my serials change.

In the original version, the table looks like this (dump from pgAdmin III)
and references the sequence picture_comments_comment_id_seq

CREATE TABLE picture_comments
(
-- Inherited:   comment_id serial NOT NULL,
-- Inherited:   user_id integer NOT NULL,
<snip some unrelated columns for brevity>
-- Inherited:   id_tree ltree NOT NULL DEFAULT ''::ltree,
  CONSTRAINT picture_comments_pkey PRIMARY KEY (comment_id)
) INHERITS (base_comments)
WITHOUT OIDS;

when I restore the dump I get this which now references the base table's
serial base_comments_comment_id_seq

CREATE TABLE picture_comments
(
-- Inherited:   comment_id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT
nextval('base_comments_comment_id_seq'::regclass),
-- Inherited:   user_id integer NOT NULL,
<snip>
-- Inherited:   id_tree ltree NOT NULL DEFAULT ''::ltree,
  pid integer NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT picture_comments_pkey PRIMARY KEY (comment_id)
) INHERITS (base_comments)
WITHOUT OIDS;

When I do the dump with the 8.2 client libraries it seems to work fine so
this seems to be a bug in 8.3.