Re: SSL Mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SSL Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> writes:
> FWIW, I know the FreeBSD port creates both a pgsql user and a pgsql group.
> I have seen evidence that some Linux distributions create a postgres user.

There are a lot of Unixen in which adduser (or local equivalent) by
default will create a group for each user.  However, there are also a
lot of Unixen in which it won't.

It's also worth pointing out that the server.key file lives in $PGDATA,
which we *also* enforce no-group-or-world permissions on.  To make
server.key editable by (non-root) users other than postgres, we'd have
to rethink the permissions for $PGDATA as well as server.key itself.
I am really hesitant to weaken those permission checks, though.