Re: Drop type "smgr"?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Drop type "smgr"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 1:03 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nothing seems to break if you remove it (except for some tests using
>> it in an incidental way).  See attached.

> FWIW, +1 from me.

To be clear, I'm not objecting to the proposed patch either.  I was
just wondering where we plan to go from here, given that smgr.c wasn't
getting removed.

BTW, there is stuff in src/backend/storage/smgr/README that is
already obsoleted by this patch, and more that might be obsoleted
if development proceeds as discussed here.  So that needs a look.