Re: 8.3 beta timing

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: 8.3 beta timing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I think we need another week to get things ready for beta.
>
> Why?  Other than the lack of release notes, we could wrap on Monday.

+1

The full release notes aren't really required for Beta.

We can just say: Here are the main changes in 8.3, please focus your
testing in these areas first. A full set of release notes will be
available here <link> as Beta progresses.

That's actually desirable because we want Beta to test the whole system,
not just the individual parts of it. That way we're more likely to hit
performance regressions and multi-feature integration issues.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com