Re: REPOST: Nested loops row estimates always too high

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: REPOST: Nested loops row estimates always too high
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 00:53 -0400, Carlo Stonebanks wrote:
> My problem is that I think that SRF's are causing my problems. The SRF's
> gets an automatic row estimate of 1000 rows.

That's correct. That's what I see too though I may return 10K rows of
data. (min 10 columns)
But It's way faster than the normal joins I do.

> I'm really disappointed - SRF's are a great way to place the enterprise's
> db-centric business logic at the server.

Actually, I think in general, nested Loops, while evil, are just going
to be around. Even in MSSQL, when I'm pulling from, the nested loops are
many and I presume it's cos of the 8x SMP and the multiGB ram which is
making the query better.

> Carlo

Сообщение: Re: REPOST: Nested loops row estimates always too high
Сообщение: Re: REPOST: Nested loops row estimates always too high