Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Postgres

От Gandalf Me
Тема Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Postgres
Дата
Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Postgres  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks!

Is there a tool which allows me to import this metadata across different databases (postgres, oracle, db2)? Any standard format for storing the metadata.

Basically, I want my application to run on multiple DBs, and I want to create the same schema in all DBs with minimal effort.

I understand different DBs ahve different types and one need to do the mapping and all, but does such a generic tool exists.

Regards.

On 9/30/05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Gandalf Me wrote:
> I was just wondering if we can export just the schema/metadata in
> Postgres ( i.e. just the table and column information, without the data).
> Is there an easy way to do this in Postgres?

pg_dump --help is your friend.

You are looking for the -s flag.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake