Re: Need suggestion on how best to update 3 million rows

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: Need suggestion on how best to update 3 million rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 04:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 09/06/07 01:13, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> > update org_column set number = foo.number where foo.unique_id =
> > org_column=unique_id.
>
> Number?  Where does "number" come from?  Unless you've got weird
> field names, that doesn't sound like a very good name for a
> VARCHAR(4) column.

"number" is just a fictitious column name. I use sane column names of
course :-)

> > The update is taking a few hours and still hasn't ended.
> >

> Is it only *some* tuples that have the "extra space" problem?

Actually, it's all of it

От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: Need suggestion on how best to update 3 million rows
Сообщение: Re: Need suggestion on how best to update 3 million rows