Re: server not starting

От Lou Picciano
Тема Re: server not starting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Also, in your postgresql.conf file, be sure you have LISTEN_ADDRESSES set to '*' - for testing, at least.

You sure server is running? What does $ ps -af | grep postgres tell you?

Do you have any useful output in PG's logs? Even a failed attempt, if it's traversing your network, will usually be logged (again, postgresql.conf must be set to log connections)

Can you connect using psql from the _same_ machine, using a socket connection?

Lou Picciano

From: umerasghar@gmail.com
To: "Richard Harper" <drrwharper@gmail.com>, pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org, pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:43:00 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] server not starting

Did you allow ip addresses in pg_hba.conf. Perhaps you might need to allow IP's in that file.
Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

From: Richard Harper <drrwharper@gmail.com>
Sender: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:26:52 -0400
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Subject: [ADMIN] server not starting

Since I upgraded to 9.1, the server has not been starting.  psql works, and pg_ctl status indicates that no server is connected.
If I run the command:  sudo -u postgres /user/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
it says the server is ready to accept connections.
The command sudo -u postgres /user/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/pg_ctl status -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
gives:
pg_ctl: server is running (PID:1751)
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/postgres "-D" "/usr/local/pgsql/data"
However, netstat indicates no connection to port 5432, and I still cannot connect.
I am unable to figure out where the LISTEN_ADDRESSES is assigned, perhaps that is the problem.  I am obviously new to administration.

Thanks for any help,
Dick