Re: Using Quotation marks.

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: Using Quotation marks.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Daniel!

On Aug 9, 1:01 pm, danielgomesmen...@gmail.com ("Daniel Mendes")
wrote:
(...)
> I am using postgres installed in two different computers, in one I
> have to do the queries using quotation marks (select * from "Table")
> and in the other I can do select * from Table.
> What can I do to disable the use of quotation marks?

Without double-quotes identifiers are always cast to lower case before
execution. You might want to read this chapter of the docs on
identifiers and keywords:  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

Also, you'd better not use reserved words as identifiers. If you do,
you have to double-quote those every time.  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-keywords-appendix.html

In any case, this is probably not the right list for your questions.
Try <pgsql.general> or <pgsql.novice>.

Regards
Erwin