Re: Joining tables in two different databases?

От Julio Cesar Sánchez González
Тема Re: Joining tables in two different databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
El jue, 09-08-2007 a las 15:08 -0400, Chris Hoover escribió:
> On 8/8/07, Michael Goldner <MGoldner@agmednet.com> wrote:
>         Is it possible to access tables in two different databases,
>         running on the
>         same server, from within psql?

yes it is, with dblink.

follow next link:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html

4.17) How do I perform queries using multiple databases?
There is no way to query a database other than the current one. Because
PostgreSQL loads database-specific system catalogs, it is uncertain how
a cross-database query should even behave.

contrib/dblink allows cross-database queries using function calls. Of
course, a client can also make simultaneous connections to different
databases and merge the results on the client side.

--
Regards,

Julio Cesar Sánchez González
www.sistemasyconectividad.com.mx
blog: http://darkavngr.blogspot.com

---
Ahora me he convertido en la muerte, destructora de mundos.
Soy la Muerte que se lleva todo, la fuente de las cosas que vendran.