Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Heikki,

> In fact, how about kicking our connection pool implementation out to an
> external module as well? The connection pool and the statement cache
> could live together as a pgfoundry project, or as an additional jar in
> the jdbc project.

The postgres ConnectionPool implementation included in the JDBC project
already has some postgres specific bits (e.g. setPreparedThreashold),
and I find it is not specific enough, as it is quite hard to set
postgres specific settings on the pooled connections otherwise, as the
place where the pool is configured is the natural place where all other
default connection properties should be configured too. So my opinion is
to make the ConnectionPool implementation as specific for postgres as it
is reasonable, allowing to set most of the things you could set on a
postgres connection. In particular it would be nice to set the default
properties to pass on when creating a new pooled connection (this is
actually not really postgres specific now that I think about it, but
prepareThreshold is).

Cheers,
Csaba.

Сообщение: Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review
Сообщение: Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review