Re: Big table with UNION ALL or partitioning with Tsearch2

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Big table with UNION ALL or partitioning with Tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 11:19 -0700, Benjamin Arai wrote:

> I am running the latest 8.2.4.  I am using GIN.  The data is static.  I do
> a batch upload every week of about 500GB and the ata is never touched
> again, it is always add and never delete or update.

Partitioning will certainly help the index build times, even if it
doesn't specifically help with the queries.

> >From your slides you state:
>
> GIN_FUZZY_SEARCH_LIMIT - maximum number of
> returned rows
> – GIN_FUZZY_SEARCH_LIMIT=0, disabled on
> default
>
> When I do a search with say LIMIT 100 isn't this essentially the same thing?

Both restrict the number of matches found, but they're not the same
thing. One is for the query as a whole, the other is for one index scan
on a GIN index.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com