Re: Re: PostgreSQL; Strange error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: PostgreSQL; Strange error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
>> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: FATAL 1: my bits moved
>> right off the end of the world! Recreate index
>> pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index.

> Just use gdb to prevent parent btree page update after
> split and you'll get that error next time when splitting
> new, unpointed from parent, right sibling.

Hmm ... so you think the people who have complained of this are all
working with databases that have suffered previous crash corruption?
I doubt it.  There's too much consistency to the reports: in particular,
it's generally triggered by creation of lots of large objects, and it's
always the indexes on pg_attribute, never any other table (even though
large object creation inserts into several system tables).  I don't see
how the unfinished-split hypothesis explains that.

My thought was that it is somehow related to the many-equal-keys issues
that we had in 7.0.* and before, and/or the poor behavior for purely
sequential key insertion that we still have.  But without a test case
it's hard to be sure.

Сообщение: Re: Backing up postgresql databases
Сообщение: RE: Backing up postgresql databases